Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Valentine's Day Poem - Just For Fun




Don’t bring me roses or chocolates tonight
Bring me diamonds that glitter in moonlight

A Mercedes would be nice as well
Rack the cards, the house we can sell



Don’t forget that cruise you promised
This weekend off we go to the Bahamas
Mumm champagne will do just fine
Before we go out, of course to dine


Caviar is expected
Forget it, and you will be rejected
If you insist on bringing home candy
Please make sure they are filled with brandy



To top the night off, I will have to insist
That you give me a back rub, I will not resist
Before I go darling, there is one more thing
Make sure the diamond is a four carat ring!







© 2011 Susan Zutautas 
Just to let you know, I wrote this just for fun as the title says. I as well as many others I am sure are sick to death of Special Days and holidays being over commercialized. Spend, spend, spend no, no, no. There are many ways you can show your love for someone on Valentine's Day without lavishing them with gifts.