Thursday, March 17, 2016

Just One Miracle

Just one miracle
Just one prayer
To get me out of total despair

I must be strong
I must be brave
It’s too soon to go to my grave

I’m scared to death to die
Please stay by my side
If the day should come
Please stay, don’t run

Some days are filled with darkness
Some days are full of light
My favorite ones are the ones that make me smile bright

Sitting in the hospital, waiting on results
Hands sweating, heart beating fast
Finally the doc comes at last
Smile on his face
Best news
You’re in remission



3 years ago this September I was diagnosed with stage IV inoperable lung cancer. I was given 1 - 5 years to live. They were leaning towards the one year.  I’ve been in remission now since December 2014. I am still undergoing chemo as a precaution and handling the chemo quite well.


 I wrote this poem for a flash fiction challenge over at Carrot Ranch. In 99 words (no more, no less) write about the idea of “just one.”